Saturday, January 30, 2010

The Baby, Version 3.0

We just had our 3rd official baby-checkup at the Birth Center. I'm healthy and the baby is growing swimmingly, so we're very grateful to be so blessed in that respect. We did get to hear the heartbeat, which is always a lot of fun. It is a little slower than it was 8 weeks ago, which is to be expected. Click here for a sound file.

The first time we heard the heartbeat, we remembered its speed by linking it with the Russian Dance from Tchaikovsky's Nutcracker (one of my favorites as a kid- I dubbed it the spinning song) One of the Midwives said we should play that when the baby is born... I think it might be a little too exciting though...

Ultrasound pictures/sex of the baby hopefully to be posted by the end of next week!! We don't have an appointment yet, but they're setting it up for next week. We have no idea what to expect as far as what it is- we'd love a girl, but we won't be disappointed with a boy either. Tentative, but probably firm names are James Alexander if it's a boy, and Lily (middle name still undetermined) if it's a girl.

2 comments:

  1. Glad to hear your pregnancy is going well for both you and baby. How do you like your midwife, I loved the one I went to for V. Also can't wait to hear what your having!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad things are going well! I think it's fun that you guys have a blog. Looking forward to more greatness from you two (soon to be three!) For the record, I'm guessing you have a boy. :)

    ReplyDelete